Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?

I'm surprised how many people here seem to find it unreasonable
to consider shoveling snow. Does everyone have a bad back? I
kind of enjoy it. It's good exercise. If you get 12" you're
probably not going anywhere, anyway. So why not get out and shovel?

I used to enjoy it when I was in my 30's, but it sure seems like a lot more
work now that I'm in my 50's.

20 years ago I always shoveled our 200 foot driveway by hand. With 8" or
more of snow it would typically take about four hours to clear the driveway
and get the cars ready to go. Obviously, that's not something you do before
heading to work. It was reserved for those times when we had to run to town
to get groceries or other supplies.

Even with my gas powered snow blower it can take 30-45 minutes to clear our
driveway.

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com