Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?

I service machines over a wide area near pittsburgh. One day I saw them exeecavating for a home on a big hill. the driveway was steep. seeing this I wondered what the homeowner would do........ the driveway was gravel, and thats hard to shovel.

the next summer I went by and they were execavating the drive way. ended up back in that area frequently...

they dug it out, then added some sort of foam insulation. PEX loops/

back in area the next day the concrete truck was doing its job.

i went back several times, it had snowed. no snow on that driveway

that spring I saw the family fixing up their yard so i stopped and asked how theheatd driveway was doing.

they loved it and said energy costs werent too bad since it just had to be warmer than freezing.