Posted to alt.home.repair

Default anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 4:03:50 PM UTC-4, wrote:

FWIW, I really doubt if foam is necessary because heat rises and even
heating the soil below will eventually cause the surface to become warmer.

conducted heat does not rise

hot air rises.

Mark

also if you don't care about the cost of the energy,
just spray the snow with hot water from a hose and save a ton
of installation costs.

Instead of scraping ice off my car windshield, I take a gallon or two of WARM water (not hot or else you may crack the window) and pour it on the window.

Works pretty well and is worth the cost IMO.

Mark

Mark

No installation costs.