Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_23_] Frank[_23_] is offline

Default who makes a good plastic bathroom sink?

On 4/21/2015 10:21 AM, Tony Hwang wrote:
T wrote:
On 04/20/2015 10:51 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:02:04 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

One of my idiot cast iron bathroom sinks is rusting out.
Anyone have a favorite plastic bathroom sink to replace it?

Many thanks,
-T

You can go with porcelain, cultured marble, Corian or any other number
of synthetics.

Plastic is cheaper. And from what I can tell, just as
durable. And it DOESN'T RUST!

Hi,
There maybe plastic sink but I never saw or heard it installed in home
environment. Camping trailer I had had it in the bathroom which we did
not like. Install good one and forget it for long time. I'd use one of
forementioned.

I've got three of them with sinks molded along with vanity top.
These things are not pure plastic but are filled plastic.
Mine look good after 35 years but I think they are polyester as soap has
caused some erosion and think Corian would be better.
Corian is acrylic filled with aluminum oxide and colorants.
I once saw a Corian bathtub but think it was the only one ever made.