Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT Property taxes

On 04/21/2015 10:36 AM, Robert Green wrote:

snip

Football: A Waste of Taxpayers' Money | TIME.com
ideas.time.com/2013/12/06/football-a-waste-of-taxpayers-money/ - Cached -
Similar
Dec 6, 2013 ... When the Minnesota legislature signed off on its stadium
deal for the Vikings ... of
Independents: How Libertarian Politics Can Fix What's Wrong With America.
Less people are paying the local government to park, frequesnting the ... It
is
always hilarious when someone claims their opponent has "no clue ...

Why Do Mayors Love Sports Stadiums? | The Nation
http://www.thenation.com/article/......ports-stadiums - Cached -
Similar
Jul 27, 2011 ... Stadium Status: Why Are Taxpayers Funding Billionaires'
Stadiums? ... the same
discount stores and fast-food joints that lined Market Street before the ...
relocation threats to get the city of Pittsburgh to help fund a new hockey
arena, ...
Yet even stadium critics in local government say that the sway provided ...

Public Financing of Private Sports Stadiums - Outside The Beltway
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/pub...orts-stadiums/ -
Cached - Similar
May 23, 2012 ... Such arguments are always trotted out for these sweetheart
deals, but the ... Even
worse, taxpayers still service debt on now-demolished stadiums, including
... And
we shouldn't forget that local governments often employ .... I had no
objection to a
temporary sales tax increase to pay for the park" GW Bush.

Oh, good: more sports teams asking taxpayers to pay for their stadiums
http://www.motherjones.com/.../cleve...aliers-indians - Cached
May 6, 2014 ... The Marlins Park fiasco created such a backlash that local
voters rebelled ... How
the Atlanta Braves' Proposed Stadium Deal Could Screw Their New Home ... Too
bad she can't afford a good car. ... And it's always full of people. ...
This is the logic
used to justify all government spending: "it pays for itself.

Public Financing of Vikings Stadium a Bad Deal for Fans, Taxpayers ...
http://www.cato.org/.../public-finan...fans-taxpayers -
Cached - Similar
May 23, 2012 ... Public Financing of Vikings Stadium a Bad Deal for Fans,
Taxpayers ... Such
arguments are always trotted out for these sweetheart deals, but the
evidence ...
And we shouldn't forget that local governments often employ ...

http://www.google.com/search?q=deals...+for+taxpayers

Sports is fine and if if 100% pays for itself...I have no problem.

When Milwaukee decided they needed a new baseball stadium we were given
a .1% temporary tax to pay for it...then they decided to make it
permanent. Only an idiot did not see that coming.

Before we spend money for sports we need to make sure everyone is
getting a good education, has food and health care.

Once that's taken care of, then...sure spend money on sports.