Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default anyone here use... heating loops in concrete driveway/sidewalk?

On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 12:27:58 PM UTC-4, Mayayana wrote:
| The best option is to simply avoid driving anywhere when it snows. Take
| day off, or work from home if you can. Obviously, that's not an option
for
| most people.
|
| How does that work? If I get 12" of snow and take the day off, does it
| just disappear by next morning? This winter, I'd be stuck for about
| three months waiting for it to melt.

I'm surprised how many people here seem to
find it unreasonable to consider shoveling snow.
Does everyone havea bad back? I kind of enjoy it.
It's good exercise. If you get 12" you're probably
not going anywhere, anyway. So why not get
out and shovel?

No joy here to do 75ft of driveway, plus wider area in front
of 2 car garage..... And if you're out of shape, which
many of us are, it's a good way to have a heart attack.
OP apparently is in the Midwest where cold and lots of snow
are common too.