Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default when to put in new antifreeze\coolant

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:32:56 -0400, Paul Marks wrote:

I test antifreeze with PH strips. When it gets acidic it is time for a
change.
You can also test antifreeze with a multimeter. Set your volt meter for
DC. Put one lead in the antifreeze and the other on the metal shell of
the radiator. If you measure a couple of volts (like 2 volts or so) it
could be time for a change.

Very interesting. I'lll try that.

Thanks.

I was supposed to change my coolant last fall,. maybe. Unless it has
the long-life stuff in it. It's a toyota and the fluid is red, but I
dont' think that proves anything.