Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default How much hot water does a dishwasher use?

Hi Kevin -
I am concerned about hot water only. I have two 50 gallons water heaters
- one by kitchen - one on the other end of the house by laundry. The one
in the kitchen serves two bathrooms 90 feet away. I know it is stupid -
but I bought the house this way.
I plan to put one new tankless water heater right next to the bathrooms
and maybe run an insulated line up and over to the kitchen. The kitchen
has a sink and dishwasher - that is all. I was thinking maybe an under
sink water heater could serve the sink and dishwasher.
I am just in the planning stage. I hate waiting 90 seconds for hot water
in the bathrooms. :-) I also hate that I am heating 100 gallons all the
time for two showers - a load of clothes - and a load of dishes daily.
I know - I have too much time on my hands :-)
Money is no object within reason. Also the utility company will give me
$450 for each electric water heater I replace with a gas one.
Harry

tankless have lots of downsides. your probably better off installing standard power vent gas tank units and add a recurcilate pump so you waste zero water. you puh a button when you need hot water and the pump turns on.

you have instant hot water when you turn it on

water heater manufacturers are moving to more fficent heaters, waiting a few months should get you the new more efficent design