Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default when to put in new antifreeze\coolant

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 03:36:01 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

I have allways changed antifreeze annually but now it is very difficult for me to get under the van. How often do y`all recommend draining and refilling the radiator? Thanks for any reply.

Depends on the antifreeze. I would not change it before 3 years
minimum. If the car isn't driven much 5 years would be ok. That
assumes regular Green Antifreeze. I see many newer formulations of
"long life green" types that say up to 150,000 miles. Don't recall
how many years.