Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Property taxes

In article ,
wrote:

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 11:39:52 -0500, philo wrote:

Just got a letter from the city of Milwaukee and I see that the property
taxes on my house are going up yet again. Looks like about 5%.

The Gov. Walker certainly did not keep his campaign promise of lower
taxes...the increase is no better/ no worse than under Democratic
governors. Were the increase going to help maintain the educational
systems within the state I could deal with it.

The news is telling me that funding is being /cut/ for education and a
BILLION dollar sports arena is in the works.

Nothing against sports of course, but the sports arena is to replace one
that was built in 1988 and had a projected life span of 50 years.

In fairness, most real estate taxes are local government issues, not
state issues.

Depends. In Indiana for instance, the local government sets the rate but
the State okays and has some very specific requirements and it is state
law that property taxes can't go up more than a set amount every year.
It is a local tax in name only.
but what they conceal is vital."
-- Aaron Levenstein