Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default when to put in new antifreeze\coolant

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/20/2015 6:36 AM, herb white wrote:
I have allways changed antifreeze annually but now it is very difficult
for me to get under the van. How often do y`all recommend draining and
refilling the radiator? Thanks for any reply.

RTFM to see what you have. Many are now designed for 5 years or even
lifetime. I've gone much longer with no problems. Last four cars I never
changed it.

The last few cars I have had have not had the coolant changed. I had a 92
camry and chnaged it once when I had the timming belt and water pump changed
at 80,000, then I traded it off at 190,000 miles. Two others had slightly
over 100,000 on them with no coolant changed.

If the coolant needs more added, it is always with the 50/50 mix.