Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default when to put in new antifreeze\coolant

On Monday, April 20, 2015 at 9:56:00 AM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 04/20/2015 04:36 AM, herb white wrote:
I have allways changed antifreeze annually but now it is very difficult for me to get under the van. How often do y`all recommend draining and refilling the radiator? Thanks for any reply.

How often does the vehicle's manufacturer recommend? They might know
something about the matter.

That's one source. All cars today come with extended, long-life
antifreeze. According the antifreeze suppliers, it's good for
at least 5 years, 100K miles. I sure wouldn't be changing it
every year.