Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT. Beer can shape.

On 04/20/2015 08:54 AM, wrote:
philo wrote: "- show quoted text -
OTOH: I've seen people say that two cars looked alike, when they did
not...they were simply painted the same color and were about the same size. "

Not surprised, especially now when you can have any shape car you
want - aerodynamic! Useta be I could tell cars apart at night just by
the shapes/numbers of headlamps. During daylight, these new Fords
and Hyundais are practically indistinguishable from any angle(Focus
vs Elantra, Fusion vs 2015 Sonata). And Lexus lately has a hard-on
for Mercedes tail-lamps!

Yep, back in the old days cars were quite distinctive.

Now days they all look pretty much the same.

OTOH: Back in the old days, not only were they typically unsafe gas
guzzlers, they did not usually go more than 75k miles unless you spent a
lot of money on maintenance.

Today a car can probably go 200k miles before it starts falling apart.