Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default OT. Beer can shape.

On 04/20/2015 03:44 AM, RobertMacy wrote:

The OP was not asking a question.

That said, what makes you think a soda can and a beer can look different?

The difference is the label and the contents.

My reply was 'tongue in cheek'

LOL

So hard sometimes to interpret posts without seeing the smirk on one's face.

Maybe just me, but 12 oz beer cans look TOTALLY different than 12 oz
soda cans. Haven't bought any in loooonnnnng time, so maybe the two are
now the same.

I no longer drink alcohol but in Milwaukee one does not have to go too
far to see a can of beer and they loo9k the same as soda cans to me.

I buy Beck's non-alcoholic brew out of Bremen - comes in bottles. Get
all the vitamins and stomach settling 'goodness', but none of the
titillation(sp?) and resulting loss of brain cells. Plus, one of the few
brews that actually is ok with fish and stands up to ice in the glass
without seeming all watery.

Not too long ago I want to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday.
Since I don't drink beer or soda I decided to try a non-alcoholic beer.
When I asked the bartender for one, after rummaging around for quite
some time she found a Clausthaler. Though it did not really taste like
beer, it was not too bad. When I ordered a 2nd one , when she served
it, she said it was their last one.

I guess non-alcoholic beer is not big here in Milwaukee

I once had a highway patrolman tell me that consuming non-alcoholic brew
while driving is not a 'chargeable' offense. And he could actually tell
from a goodly distance whether a driver was consuming non-alcholic brew
by viewing the container so would not stop him. Now THAT's pattern
recognition!

Possibly not the container, but the way the person was driving.

Way back a million years ago I was coming home from an office party and
had been drinking. I do not know if I was over the limit or not...but I
got stopped for speeding. When I realized that I was not stopped for
suspicion of drinking, I took the speeding ticket with no argument.