Posted to alt.home.repair

Default back yard sump pump

On 4/19/2015 10:33 PM, buckwheat wrote:
as far as the flooding is concerned. for the last 2 or 3 years when the
heavy rains arrive I have placed a couple of submersible pumps with long
garden hose (going uphill about 12 to 18 inches and distance of 125 feet) if
there is lots of rain the pumps don't do the job fast enough

Garden hose doesn't flow much water. I'd try larger
discharge tubing (maybe inch and a quarter PVC)
before investing a lot of effort into a new pump
system.

I took some fire protection courses, and one was about
water flow in systems. I don't have any stats for
garden hose, but it's got to have a lot of pressure
loss, compared to larger tubings.

Yes, I glanced at the video, and it looks totally
workable.

-
..
Christopher A. Young