Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default when to put in new antifreeze\coolant

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015 03:36:01 -0700 (PDT), herb white
wrote:

I have allways changed antifreeze annually but now it is very difficult for me to get under the van. How often do y`all recommend draining and refilling the radiator? Thanks for any reply.

I've never had a goal of more often than 2 years, and for a long time,
I've not met that goal either.

I don't drive many miles, but I buy my cars 7 years old and keep them
until theyt're 14. The last one lasted until it was 16 years old,
and it was the only one with substantial cooling problems but they were
not caused by failure to change the coolant often enough. (It's a long
story)