Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default are bathtub drain rings replaceable?

On 04/19/2015 02:33 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
My MIL's house had a few faucets dripping. We'd visit a few times a
year on weekends (I'm 250 miles away) but I never attempted to fix them.
The valves under the sink no longer worked and the main has not been
shut off in at least 15 years. Would you start that on a Sunday morning?

Yeah, if I didn't have anything planned for the next two or three weeks.
I was pleasantly surprised when I replaced the old style faucets in the
kitchen and bathroom with cartridge style and it didn't turn into a
major fiasco. I do have a working shutoff though.

Another miracle occurred when I shoehorned a new water heater into place
and it actually lined up with the plumbing exactly. I've spent too much
time pawing through plumbing components trying to do some sort of sex
change from hell.