Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default All aluminum versus copper/aluminum coils for air conditioner?

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
On 4/19/2015 12:44 PM, mangino wrote:

http://www.conditionedairsolutions.c...1-20345-25.pdf

While I found the link interesting, how do you expect us to continue a
discussion when you mess up a lot of good arguments with FACTS?

I am sure that there are enough posters here to sustain *any* argument, with
or without facts.

When I saw the word formicary (formica means ant in Italian) I decided to go
look it up to see if it was related to ants (or Formica - which people tell
me stands for "FORmerly MICArta). This is another site that describes the
problem and claims it can occur within two months after manufacture.

http://www.microchannelfacts.com/formicary-corrosion

Formicary corrosion is a type of corrosion also referred to by HVAC
contractors as "ant's nest" corrosion.

They say it can't be seen with the naked eye but I assume if any kind of
corrosion gets bad enough, it will become visible to normal vision.

Learn something new every day!

--
Bobby G.