Posted to alt.home.repair
David Farber David Farber is offline

Default Whirlpool GSQ9300EQ0 washing machine needs gearcase oil seal.

I have a Whirlpool GSQ9300EQ0 washing machine. When I replaced a faulty
motor coupler, I found a small amount of gearcase oil leaking onto the
floor. I did some research and found these diagrams.
http://www.appliancepartspros.com/ge...sq9300eq0.html

In the gearcase parts blowup, the oil seal reference number is 21. That
represents part # 3043580. Is that a Whirlpool part number?

Another website shows it as # 334494.
http://www.partselect.com/PS334494-W...Nu m=gsq9300e
which seems to be an update to part # 285352.

I would like to know which part number(s) is correct and if the oil seal is
two pieces that fit together or one individual piece as shown here.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-2853...em3ce018 bce2 I
have not yet disassembled the machine again since installing the motor
coupler as it still operates ok.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber