Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman[_2_] rbowman[_2_] is offline

Default What did the signs mean?

On 04/18/2015 07:08 AM, Senator Pocketstuffer wrote:
I am not a truck driver nor do I play one on TV but...here in the
mid-west, Walmart has the absolute worst parking lot entrances.
I can't imagine driving a truck/trailer through a Walmart obstacle
course to get to the receiving docks.

The company I worked for had a Walmart contract for a while, so I've
been to a few. Most weren't too bad but you had to know where you're
going. There are two Walmarts locally. Each has a couple of ways in that
are not a problem and one way that sucks. When you're pulling a 53'
trailer you get to know what's possible.

The company lost the contract eventually. With Walmart, it's strictly
pennies per mile. Even their own fleet has to bid for runs against
outside trucking companies. If you're an outsider, you can be sure your
number when loading at a distribution warehouse is LAST.

Not one of my favorites. I brought a load of mattresses to a Sam's Club.
It was going to take some time for them to unload the truck. I carried a
bicycle on the truck so I decided to go for a ride. Discovering I had a
flat I was going to buy a new tube. Wrong! No Sam's Club card, no
courtesy pass to buy a tube. Fortunately the neighboring strip mall had
a bicycle shop.

Walmart is known to be RV friendly. A few years back someone made a
movie about RVers that essential trek from Walmart to Walmart, camping
in the parking lot.

http://www.highplainsfilms.org/films/this_is_nowhere