Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] honda.lioness@gmail.com is offline

Default Buying Condo, GFCI Problems

On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 10:06:30 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, April 18, 2015 at 12:04:22 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Update:
I bought the condo and have been living in it for a little shy of two weeks. The kitchen does have two circuits (and so two breakers at the electrical panel) for the four receptacles that are accessible for use of countertop appliances like blenders, coffee makers etc. I am leaving the two receptacles opposite the sink non-GFCI protected.

Why not put the GFCI on the first outlet in each circuit and
thereby protect all the downstream outlets?

At some point, I will add a second GFCI receptacle to the kitchen, so both circuits, and all four receptacles, are GFCI protected. Right now I do not want to spend any more money. To me, it is going to take a lot for a kitchen appliance plugged into a receptacle opposite the sink to get dunked in water such that there would be a meaningful hazard.