Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default What did the signs mean?

On Friday, April 17, 2015 at 4:37:47 PM UTC-4, Mayhem wrote:
On 04/17/2015 10:03 AM, micky wrote:
[the characters from the original post have been recycled]

Nothing about illegal parkers being towed away.

What could he have wanted when he wrote those signs?

Have you ever seen signs like that?

Find a Sears or Kmart parking lot.
They're always empty and there's no one left at the stores that give a ****.

I was at Sears last week, needed a wrench, early evening and
boy was it dead. I mean really, really devoid of customers.
I do hope they survive though. K Mart which they merged with,
that's an even bigger mess, but at least they seem to have some
customers. Sears, their website is the worst I've seen. If
you go on there and search for "18mm metric wrench", it comes
back with a hit on every word independently. So, you have 500
items, with sockets, SAE wrenches, and the kitchen sink all
thrown in together. And then, by default, the website shows you
all the crap they are selling from all kinds of vendors, not just
Sears. At least that you can filter down to just Sears. But what
an image for customers. It looks more like a flea market than Sears.

It's another great business story. How Sears was there long before
competitors like Walmart even existed. Yet Walmart has become hugely
successful and Sears is hurting badly. Unfortunately it may be too
late to save. No sign that they are even trying....