Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Air Conditioner- fix or place?

I just heard back from the guy. He stated:

Just got your email forwarded to me for some reason the Angie's List email system does not always forward. Attached is a copy of the Big deal promotion that you bought. He did perform the items on the list, and found you to be low on refrigerant. All other items are within specifications. Let me know if you want us to come and re-charge the system

"Calibrating and leveling thermostat

Cleaning filters as needed

Lubricating and inspecting bearings for wear

Monitoring operating pressures of refrigerant

Inspecting safety devices for proper operation

Inspecting disconnect box for proper rating and installation

Monitoring volts and amps on fan motor

Tightening all electrical connections

Inspecting and testing contactor for burns and/or pits"
________

They did not a temp difference 10degree at 70/60. That is the only notation on the invoice except for the needs recharge est $12 service $50 per lb.. Recommend evoc- leak check and recharge.

I think most of us are still curious as to whether you had an
actual problem that lead to this checkup or was it working?
I would think with 8 pounds of R22 missing, it likely would
either not run or have an obvious problem. You didn't say
how many tons, but 8 pounds sounds like it could be all of it
for a typical residential system.