Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default Painting an electric heater

Portable electric heater used in the bathroom. The paint is peeling off
some of it from moisture. It still works great and it's in a solid metal
housing. Before it gets all rusty, I'd like to paint it. I know the
paint needs to be a high temperature paint.

My question is what kind of paint to use. (Aerosol cans of spray paint
is preferred). Would auto engine paint work, or is that not high temp
enough? If not, what else is there? I know they sell paint for BBQ
grills, but that only comes on black. The heater is light gray now. This
gray would be fine for repainting, or some other other light color, but
not black.

What are my other options for a hi-temp paint?

Thanks