Posted to alt.home.repair

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wont fit right, need 2in+

On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 13:52:25 -0400, No name wrote:

WW wrote:
After installing toilet started to finish with installing h20 tank. Water
tank tilts forward. Need to move toilet at least 2 in more away from
wall for tank to fit. Need to insert something into existing system with
an attached flange so I can attach toilet to new flange and secure
properly and have additional space for the water tank to fit.. This is a
existing concrete floor with an existing workable flange. Just need the
extra space. How do I get extra space or What should I use to create this
extra needed space so I can attach water tank to toilet and finish my
project.

Move the wall.

Turn the toilet sideways, or get a different toilet,. Some take more
space than others. Standard is 12 inches center of pipe to finished
wall, but there are 10 inch offset units available.The Cadet Pro Ada
is available in 10 inch elongated., so is the American Standard Cadet
3. The Kohler Cimmaron round is also available in 10 - likely lots of
others. You can not put your 12 inch toilet in, even with an ofset
flange, and have it flush reliably.