Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wall paper paste?

On 4/14/2015 11:15 PM, Don Wiss wrote:

I bought a couple boxes of short screws at Lowes. Tomorrow I will test
driving them through oilboard into plywood.

Still no one has suggested what sort of roller nap to spread the paste.

If we take up the suggestion of using rubber cement along the top, we would
use a paint brush for that.

As to the atachment, if it's fairly short term, you
might get better results with Arrow staple tacker
and T-50 staples. Quick and easy. You can get different
lengths of staples.

If you are limited to screws, I suggest hex head pointy
screws, like the ones heating and AC guys use. We used to
call em Malco (brand) zip screws. They have a six sided
head, and can be driven using a drill, and quarter inch
hex tip. Don't buy the Stanley hex tips from HD, they
round out promptly and are useless. Try to get good Malco.
These pointy tip screws go in well, and the hex heads and
drill tips give a good grip. Unlike slotted or phillips.
You can get magnetic insert drill tips, which are excellent.
I'll dig up a URL for you, if desired.

-
..
Christopher A. Young