Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default wall paper paste?

On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 23:10:45 -0400, J Burns wrote:

The oilboard I've read about is a little thicker than a playing card.
Is that what you're using?

I sort of answered this in another post. It is 0.015" thick. A bit thicker
than a playing card. And heavy, with the oil impregnated in it.

Another approach would be to put rubber cement in a squeeze bottle. The
cement comes in gallon cans, and the squeeze bottle would keep it from
drying before use. Run a bead along the oilboard where the top of the
paper will go, flatten the bead with a plastic spreader if necessary,
and attach the top edge of the paper. Then paste.

Okay. I was thinking paint brush, as a brush is what is attached to the
caps of the cans of rubber cement. I get your point about it could dry out.
With 264 of these to paste, it is going to take hours. Probably far more
then we realize. With two rolling scaffolds, one would put up the oilboard
and the next the sheets. I don't know the length of them.

The reason for the scaffolds is the plywood sheets start on top of Jersey
barriers. The sidewalk is behind the construction fence, so we will be
blocking off one lane of traffic and be doing this in the street.