Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default wall paper paste?

On 4/14/15 9:06 PM, Don Wiss wrote:
On Tue, 14 Apr 2015 19:08:06 -0400, J Burns wrote:

What about rubber cement? Brush it on the board where the top of the
paper will go, get some on the paper by pressing it on the board or
brushing it on, let it dry briefly, and press it on. Then do the sides
and bottom. You could cement the middle of the paper if you think the
edges won't be enough.

For 2200 sq feet!? There are 264 sheets that are 20"x60".

I haven't used rubber cement in a long time. I was mistaken. You brush
it on one surface and press together. It sticks quickly and doesn't
penetrate paper.

It comes in quarts and gallons. Brushing rubber cement along the top
edge seems like a quick way to hang a 60" strip of paper in a precise
position. Then paste or rubber cement could be added to keep it from
flapping in the wind.