Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Jerry.Tan@spamblocked.com is offline

Default after installing toilet found too close to wall,H20 tank wont fit right, need 2in+

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 18:01:33 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 7:44:01 PM UTC-4, WW wrote:
After installing toilet started to finish with installing h20 tank. Water
tank tilts forward. Need to move toilet at least 2 in more away from
wall for tank to fit. Need to insert something into existing system with
an attached flange so I can attach toilet to new flange and secure
properly and have additional space for the water tank to fit.. This is a
existing concrete floor with an existing workable flange. Just need the
extra space. How do I get extra space or What should I use to create this
extra needed space so I can attach water tank to toilet and finish my
project.

You cant move the flange if it's in concrete. (not affordably anyhow).
You'll just have to get another toilet that fits. I worked as a plumber,
and I ran into that a few times. There is no way to offset the tank,
unless you want to mount the tank on the wall, and run a pipe down (like
they used to do in the early 1900's).

Your other option would be to move the wall a few inches (if it's wood
and plaster, not concrete). Or, I have worked at a few places where
they moved the part of the wall back, (just behind the toilet), by
removing the plaster narrowing the width of the studs, then applying
sheetrock. But that is all a lot of work. Just buy a toilet that fits
your space.