Posted to alt.home.repair
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default A simple, insulated coffee mug?

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 07:47:42 -0500, Moe DeLoughan
wrote:

On 4/11/2015 2:24 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Several years ago, maybe 10 or so, Cuisinart sold a coffee maker that
came with no carafe, but instead had two insulated mugs. Over the
years the first, then the second mug's seals failed.

I liked the mugs because the lid had just an o-ring seal and no
threads. All one had to do was put the lid on in any position and
push. Simple.

Also the lid had no cover over the opening that had to rotated,
flipped or pushed in order to get a drink. Again, simple.

There wasn't even a handle. Very simple.

I've looked and looked and can't find one that simple. I even queried
Thermos and they don't have anything. Does anyone know of any
insulated mug available today that is, well, simple? Or have the
lawyers won the battle of them protecting us from ourselves?

The Yeti tumbler: the choice of manly men:

http://www.amazon.com/Yeti-Rambler-T...words=yeti+mug

As "Crocodile Dundee" would say, "THIS is a coffee mug!"
I'm definitely going to give the 20oz a try. Thanks.