Posted to alt.home.repair
J Burns J Burns is offline

Default painting with a garden sprayer

On 4/13/15 8:52 AM, Mayayana wrote:
100 sq. ft. would be about 12 running
feet at 8' high. If you'd just used a roller
you would have had that done in probably
about 20 minutes -- probably less time
than it took to set up the sprayer.

Once I thinned the paint a little, I believe the opposite side took much
less than 20 minutes with a brush. If I'd used a roller for the first
side, I would still have needed a brush for the battens, if that's what
they're called, and cracks. (It's a bad design, wood strips,
horizontally and vertically, on masonite.)

Then I would have had a roller to clean. Ugh! I like a roller, but I
think it takes more than 100 square feet to make it more efficient than
a brush.