Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete steps repair/replace

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 12:22:33 -0400, "TomR" wrote:

I thought the same thing. But, I also noticed that I couldn't find any
other step repair videos that showed people using any type of anchoring
devices and/or wire mesh for this type of repair. That surprised me, plus
the person who did the last video is a mason by trade and he didn't mention
doing any anchoring etc.

I was expecting that someone else would have suggested using anchoring
screws or concrete nails, and maybe wire mesh, to help secure the repair --
but I didn't see that anywhere.

I once helped my uncle who was doing stucco on the side of a home and I
remember that he and I nailed wire mesh to the existing brick siding using
concrete nails before he did the new stucco. That's partly why I thought
something similar would be done with the step repair.