Q.E.D.

Default New GE 32GT740 32" TV...Faint Vertical Bars on Left Side Of Screen

I just purchased this TV last weekend at Best Buy. I had to return
one because the case was cracked on the right side (obviously damaged
during transit). The second set is physically intact but exhibits a
pattern of very faint vertical bars (about 8 to 10 bars) along about
1/10 of the left side of the screen. The bars are especially noticed
on plain solid color backgrounds. Going into the service menu to
adjust overscanning only brought in a few more bars from the
previously hidden screen area that was being overscanned. Reducing
the overscan area compressed/tightnened the faint bars/lines making
them even more noticeable. I noted the bars moved along the screen
with the adjustments to lessen overscanning.

I realize this is a rock bottom price TV but even so the TV shouldn't
exhibit this picture defect. What could be the cause of these lines?

TIA