Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default OT - credit card upgrade question

| So now the merchant knows you have a tampered with card. Good luck
| buying high-ticket items with it.

High ticket items? Do you buy cars with credit
cards? I don't. The card has a tiny hole.
Most of the time the clerks don't even look at
the card. If they do they're unlikely to see the
hole. If they see it and ask I'll tell them. There's
no reason for them to care, as long as the card
swipes OK. In my last one I removed the chip.
That was several years ago. I've yet to have
any problems.

I would bet that if you try to tell 10 clerks that
you've removed an RFID chip from your credit
card, 9 will say, "Have a good day, sir." If it's
not required to do their job they won't care.
Curiosity is not a common thing.