John Rumm

Default Safety spectacles, why so difficult?

wrote:

I'm *much* more likely to wear prescription safety glasses than
goggles or similar eye protection. I realise that safety spectacles
aren't as good as the best goggles etc. but they are still going to be
much better than the likely alternative.

Must admit I have always found goggles a pain - usually misting up etc.
So recently I bought one of the full face visors from Axminster. Not had
that much chance to use it so far, but I actually found it very good
when I tried it the other day.

It covers the whole face, has a small "helmet" section at the top and
fits securely to the head with an adjustable band that includes a
ratchet mechanism. You can "flip it up" when you want like a welding
mask. The band also includes a fabric cover to halt the sweat before it
drips over the visor. Its much cooler and more pleasent to work in than
goggles and no misting.

Price was under 7 quid, and you can get replacement polycarbonate
shields for it if you scratch it too much.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |