Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Riding Mower wont start

wrote in message
I have a troy bilt horse xp with a kohler 22hp engine sv620 it will only
start if i use starter fluid. i left old gas on the tank so i drained the
tank and sprayed it out with ether and bleed the fuel lines to the carb i
also removed the diaphram and sprayed it out with ether.

I am not sure about that engine,but if there is a brass 'bolt' holding the
bowl on the carborator, take it out and look at the holes in it. There is
probably one in the top and a very small one on the side. That one on the
side is very hard to see.It is probably stopped up. Take a piece of copper
wire or something soft and punch out the dirt. Be very careful and do not
enlarge the holes in the soft brass.