Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default How are we supposed to read 5GHz WiFi signal strength bands?

On 08/25/2015 05:06 PM, ceg wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:09:55 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/JS4BDiy.jpg

It got misdirected from a disco gobo.

BTW, why do so many people use HOME as the prefix to their
SSID's?

I have been in a nearby city, where there are a lot of college students.
I don't see "home" but I do often see ISP names or router brand names.
It looks like an attempt by sellers to provide unique SSIDs, and users
who don't change the defaults.

Where I live, I don't see prefixes like that, but I do see some
interesting names like "FBI Surveillance" and
"ThisIsNoyTheWiFiYou'reLookingFor".

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"HUMANISM: an exaltation of freedom, but one limited by our need to
exercise it as an integral part of nature and society." [John Ralston
Saul]