Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default difference between a single port vs all port splitter

In sci.electronics.repair, on Tue, 25 Aug 2015 15:14:13 -0400, "Tom
Miller" wrote:

"micky" wrote in message
.. .
What is the difference between a single port vs all port splitter
Also labeled as power passive. I've googled but maybe I didn't phrase
the search right.

Here are two urls but there is no other info there so no point in
looking!

Both have:
This 2 way splitter pass both low and high frequencies so it can be used
with a terrestrial antenna, cable TV or satellite.
Passes 5-2600 MHz signals
Works with Cable TV, Terestrial Antenna, and Satellite

All port power passive $2.39 http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...2AP%29&q=p7002

versus Single port power passive $3.99

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...Splitters&sku=

I'd think it would cost more money to have all the ports.

Thanks.

Single port power passive passes power to only one of the two output ports.

It has an added capacitor on the unpowered port.

So I only need this if I have an amplifier upstream that needs power?

Are there spliters that pass power to NO ports? I guess there are so
that means power passing splitters have to say that on their label???