Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
The Real Bev[_2_] The Real Bev[_2_] is offline

Default Left Foot Braking

On 08/23/2015 02:58 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 14:53:16 -0500, The Real Bev
wrote:

On 08/23/2015 12:40 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 07:37:38 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 8/22/2015 7:19 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
It's been less than a week and we're almost up to 500 messages.
Should I start a "left foot braking thread"???

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 06:10:23 +0000 (UTC), ceg
wrote:

The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

The Fermi Paradox is essentially a situation where we "assume"
something that "seems obvious"; but, if that assumption is
true, then something else "should" be happening. But it's not.

Hence, the paradox.

Such is the cellphone paradox.

Does braking with the left foot increase the risk of accidents?

Three on the tree? Four on the floor? One down, four up?

European or Japanese?

I got to ride a Norton once, long ago. I think there was some
odd critter with an actual hand gear shift.

And then there was the Harley suicide clutch...

For a while I rode a 1960 Ducati street bike and a 196x Honda dirtbike.
Even if I think about it now I can't decide which is the 'correct'
Japanese side to shift on, I have to find a picture. At the time, dirt
triggered one shift method and street triggered theother one. I still
can't remember which is 1 up four down or 1 down 4 up.

http://cybermotorcycle.com/gallery/d..._Monza_250.jpg
.. It's not. The tank is just like mine, although I can't verify that
all my parts were stock. I painted it orange.

And then there were the two different Japanese metric threads...

--
Cheers, Bev
PJ O'Rourke