Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Ant[_4_] Ant[_4_] is offline

Default How are we supposed to read 5GHz WiFi signal strength bands?

Does that app exist for iOS? I didn't see it.

On 8/22/2015 10:45 PM, ceg wrote:
I ran a WiFi survey using "Wifi Analyzer" freeware on my Android phone in
a college-dorm atmosphere earlier today (after installing Windows 10),
and I think I completely understand the 2.4GHz wifi signal-strength
chart; but I totally fail to gather any useful information out of the
5GHz signal-strength chart (specifically what band to set the 5GHz wifi
adapter to).

http://i.imgur.com/JS4BDiy.jpg

The 2.4GHz chart is at the left; while the 5GHz chart is to the right.
Can you help me interpret what I'm seeing in the 5GHz chart?

I can't make any sense of the 5GHz chart (for example, what band to use?).
Can you?

--
"Wow, I haven't felt this powerful since I got to decide which ant lives
and which ant dies. You shall battle to the death, and the winner will