Posted to alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How are we supposed to read 5GHz WiFi signal strength bands?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 Aug 2015 06:33:36 -0400, micky
wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 23 Aug 2015 05:45:56 +0000 (UTC), ceg
wrote:

I ran a WiFi survey using "Wifi Analyzer" freeware on my Android phone in
a college-dorm atmosphere earlier today (after installing Windows 10),
and I think I completely understand the 2.4GHz wifi signal-strength
chart; but I totally fail to gather any useful information out of the
5GHz signal-strength chart (specifically what band to set the 5GHz wifi
adapter to).

http://i.imgur.com/JS4BDiy.jpg

A strange thing. The image above displayed just fine at first and for
at least a couple minutes, and I went and did something else, but later
when I looked at the tab, it was all black. When I reloaded, I got the
message.
"The image http://i.imgur.com/JS4BDiy.jpg cannot be dsplayed because
it contains errors". I checked the spelling.

You didn't change the image in the 15 minutes preceding the current
time, did you?

When I clicked on the link above just now, got the same black screen
with one line error message at the top, as above.

Tried again just now, 14 minutes later, and it worked just fine. Maybe
because I had closed the two tabs with error messages?