Nigel Cook

Default Quad 2/Quad II tuner problem

Repairing this hybrid tuner of about 1968,valve/tube tuner
and transistor stereo decoder in 2 separate sections.
I have the schematics but more a general query.
The problem was lack of stereo which I have
realigned (for strong signals) but I think the main problem is
lack of signal to decode. Output for
stations 96 MHz to 100 MHz strong but 100 to 104 MHz
output is much reduced.
Is this more likely due to loss of gain in one or more of the valves
or drift of RF/IF alignment ?

e-mail (removing .....) electronic hints and repair briefs , schematics/manuals list on
http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~diverse

Nigel,Diverse Devices,Southampton,England