Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Update on the massive Crown ...

Arfa Daily wrote:

Tranny arrived today. I found some spanners big enough to get the old one
out. Fitted the replacement, along with an inrush thermistor from Farnell,
and two new level pots (both the originals went round and round ... ).
Gingerly powered it via the variac and Lo! Up it came !

** Hope you also tried a few on-off cycles to check out the new PTC.

Did you find one close to the original at Farnell ?

Bucketfuls of watts poured out of both channels, and the fan cut in just
when expected, so I heaved a sigh of relief, screwed the cover back on, and
wrote the ticket out. Then gave myself a hernia getting it off the bench ...
:-)

** What are you plans for disposing of it?

Nearby skip ?

..... Phil