Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
ceg[_2_] ceg[_2_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 08:37:07 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

As I was laying on the ground holding up some pipe while
the young man wired, my cell phone slide out of its belt
holder. I was fortunate to notice and pick it up, I could
have left it behind along side the four lane highway. The
phone wasn't damaged, and I didn't get in a wreck. That's
a paradox, too.

If a skyrocketing number of cellphone owners were to lay
their phones on the highway, as you did, would you expect
the number of crushed cellphones lying on the roadway to
suddenly skyrocket accordingly, concomitant with the
huge numbers of cellphones now lying on the roadway?

Wouldn't the timing and number of the cellphone crush
rate correspond to the number of cellphones laid onto
the highway?

If they don't - that would be a paradox to be resolved
as this one is.