Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
SeaNymph SeaNymph is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/18/2015 9:04 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per The Real Bev:
Nobody can multitask, it's just sequential flipping back and forth.
Women may just need to do more flipping than guys do.

I think the distinction is between MultiTasking and TimeSlicing.

People who "multitask" are really time slicing.

Back in The Day, computers used to TimeSlice and the makers called it
multitasking.

Now computers can actually MultiTask because they have multiple CPUs and
programmers can write code that runs parallel threads.

Dunno about people... We have only one brain, but the brain has multiple
areas dedicated to different processing so I would think the jury is
still out.

The science still seems to indicate that multitasking is a myth. Seems
the brain can only focus on one thing at a time.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...h-multitasking

https://laurenpietila.wordpress.com/...ention-part-3/

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=95256794

http://www.forbes.com/sites/travisbr...udies-suggest/