Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 08/17/2015 3:39 PM, John-Del wrote:
On Sunday, August 16, 2015 at 2:10:26 AM UTC-4, ceg wrote:
The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

Where are all the accidents?

They don't seem to exist.
At least not in the United States.
Not by the federal government's own accident figures.

You conveniently left out some important facts.

"US Vehicle Miles Driven Have Sunk To A New Post-Crisis Low"

Read mo http://www.businessinsider.com/vehic...#ixzz3j78zIZGG

... In my town (Wolcott, CT), a guy waiting in line at a traffic light on a motorcycle was stuffed into the car in front of him by a girl texting.. He lived three days. I've seen at least a half dozen near misses recently from people on cell phones.

One facet of driving that motorcycle safety courses try to teach is you
NEVER relax your vigil of watching for rear enders until you have at
least two cars stopped behind you, and I wait for at least three (clutch
in, first gear, and looking for exits). You also never stop close enough
to the car ahead that you can't swing out around them in an emergency.

I've been riding motorcycles for over 45 years now and the two accidents
I was involved in (many years ago) I could easily have avoided if I had
taken a safety course back then - I have since taken several such
courses and am a much safer rider as a result. (I hope!)

John :-#(#
www.flippers.com