Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crown schematic, anyone ?

Just start a new thread Arf. Itt is damn hard enough for peopple to keep track of **** without having two separate isssues in threads not specificallty named hat they should be named. If =you do, I won't rip you a new ******** hole, we got Phil to take care of that.

but seriously seriously here, I almost NEVER had an actual bad power traansformer almost in my life. I had one in a Zenith TV that started getting open connections. First was to the CRT filamentm whichg I fixed by wrapping a wire around the flyback core to get about 22 volts peak to peak which is about 6 volts RMS. Then another linee come loose and it was tjhe center tap for the +/- 24V or whatever fed the vertical, and was on th same wire as the return for the 130 volt lin. It sent the picture offf ceneter and the centering control of course did not work. ALL the currnet pulled by the 130 volt line was going through one of the vertical output transistors. this was another of the myriad of TVs that nobody else could fix. That was my specialty.

But that sounds interesting. Question is, is it distorting ? There are a couple of different ways to implement a clipping detector. If it is actually detecting a ifference between the input and output of the power amp there are several possibilities. High frequency oscillation is possible. Loss of bias couldd do it.

Start a thread, I am not going to **** this all up. This thread is for this, make that thread for that. See you there.