Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:03:13 -0500, Muggles wrote:

q: Do you think men are more likely to only do 2 things at one time,
and women more able to do 2+ things at one time?

I have no opinion on the matter. Well, maybe a small one. I've seen
women successfully juggling three or more children at one time with
little obvious difficulty. I presume that skill could also be applied
to driving. I can only handle one screaming brat at a time, and not
very well at that. If true, the difference should appear in the
distribution of distracted driving accidents and fatalities by sex.
I'll dig (later) in the NHTSA data dumpster and see if I can find
anything that provides this information.

I've seen discussions
where the conclusion was that women are more able to multitask without
skipping a beat and men were more single minded limiting their ability
to multitask?

It's quite possibly true, but I have no experience in the matter. My
marginally relevant experience is primarily in RF exposure from cell
phones.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D