Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Muggles Muggles is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On 8/17/2015 8:49 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:
Driving while using a cell phone doesn't necessarily mean a
person is also distracted.

Understood that there may be people out there carrying on cell phone
conversations who I do not notice, but I still have to wonder why is it
so often obvious that somebody is talking on a phone even before one
overtakes them and confirms it?

- Varying speed for no apparent reason

- Cruising the left lane below lane speed

- Wandering back-and-forth across lines....

Seems like a virtual definition of "Distracted" and all seem to me tb
highly correlated with talking on a phone - and I see it on a daily
basis... My guesstimate is 3-5 times on an 80-mile round trip. Yesterday
it was 4.

I've seen the same thing, too, but it also seems everyone is more aware
of it, too. I steer clear of drivers like that, and it isn't just the
people who are on their phones while driving. There are some nuts on
the roads who like to drive fast and aggressive that scare me just as much.

--
Maggie