Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
ceg[_2_] ceg[_2_] is offline

Default The cellphone paradox - where are all the accidents?

On Sun, 16 Aug 2015 19:38:04 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

I don't see any reason to challenge the basic accident rates as
accurate enough for this discussion.

To be clear, I agree that the basic accident rates, as compiled
by the government, are probably as reliable as any data we'll
ever get.

If someone has *better* accident rate data for the USA, I'd
be perfectly happy for them to quote it though.

What we're looking for is an obvious huge jump in the accident
rate concomitant with the skyrocketing cellphone ownership rates.

That we can find no such correlation makes the paradox.
Where are all the accidents?